Oct 2014 | 224pp
CILIP members price: £43.95
In order to ease through the RDA: Resource Description and Access transition, specialist cataloguers need information on managing the materials in their areas of responsibility. RDA and Cartographic Resources offers a vital summary and overview of how to catalogue cartographic resources using the new standard.
Written by three expert cataloguers, this new book is rich with examples and sample records to illustrate each important aspect of the topic, including:
Readership: Designed for both practising map cataloguers and cataloguers new to cartographic resources, RDA and Cartographic Resources is a one-stop resource for all cataloguers of cartographic materials, especially those looking to understand the differences between cataloguing using AACR2 and cataloguing using RDA.
1. The Past Is Prologue
2. RDA and FRBR Entities as Applied to Cartographic Resources: An Overview
3. Comparing Standards: Continuing, Different, and Added Practices
4. Navigating RDA to Describe Cartographic Resource Elements
5. Cartographic Resources Cataloging: Moving Forward Postscript
"Provides solid guidance for map cataloguers of all levels…clearly written, detailed and easy to use."
- Journal of The Australian and New Zealand Map Society