Feb 2018 | 240pp
CILIP members price: £47.95
Pre-order at Bookpoint:
phone +44 (0)1235 827702
fax +44 (0)1235 827703
How to buy eBooks
This book investigates how digital values affect our lives provides practical guidance for delivering and sustaining value and impact from digital content.
Our digital presence has the power to change lives and life opportunities. We must understand digital values to consider how our organisational presence within digital cultures can create change and it is through the use of impact assessment that we can then seek to understand how we are fostering such changes with our communities. Delivering Impact with Digital Resources focuses on introducing and defining digital values with a clear argument that revealing and understanding them is a key to success in developing digital content.
Readership: This book will be especially useful for managing digital presences in libraries, archives, galleries and museums including MA and PhD students studying subjects such as librarianship, information science, museums studies, archival studies, publishing, cultural studies and media studies.
2. Measuring impact for success and sustainability
3. Review of the state of the art of impact assessment
4. A balanced approach: the four perspectives
5. Benefiting stakeholders
6. Modes of cultural value
7. The Balanced Impact Value Model
8. BIVM Stage 1: Context
9. BIVM Stage 2: Design and planning
10. BIVM Stage 3: Implementation
11. BIVM Stage 4: Outcomes and results evaluated through the four perspectives
12. BIVM Stage 1: Review and respond
13. Case studies
14. Using impact assessment for sustainability