Aug 2015 | 832pp
3 volume set
CILIP members price: £108.00
The Facet Copyright Collection is an all-encompassing guide to copyright for librarians, information professionals, archivists, records managers and curators.
The Collection contains three books, all fully up-to-date with the new legislation which came into force in 2015, from the UK’s leading copyright experts Graham P Cornish, Paul Pedley and Tim Padfield.
The books included in the Collection are:
Readership: This Collection with be essential reading for all librarians, information professionals, archivists, records managers, curators, researchers, genealogists and LIS students.
Copyright, 6th edition
Interpreting the law for libraries, archives and information services
Graham P Cornish
1. Definition and law
2. What is covered by copyright
3. Rights and limitations
4. Literary, dramatic and musical works
5. Artistic works
6. Sound recordings
7. Films, videos and DVDs
10. Licensing schemes
11. Computer programs, websites and the electronic world
12. Other matters
Practical Copyright for Library and Information Professionals
1. General principles
2. Legislative framework
3. Acts permitted in relation to copyright works (The Copyright Exceptions)
5. Digital copyright
6. Orphan works
7. Copyright compliance
8. Copyright for the corporate sector
Copyright for Archivists and Records Managers, 5th edition
1. What is copyright?
2. Copyright protection
4. Publication, exhibition and performance
6. Copyright in the electronic environment 7. Special cases
8. Other intellectual property rights
"Facet Publishing have branded these titles as part of a wider Copyright Classics series: a fitting term given how much the sector has come to rely on the guidance provided by these authors...with significant amounts of experience dealing with copyright issues through practice, lobbying policy-makers, and providing training to the archive, library and information management sectors."
- Victoria Stobo, Archives and Records