Jul 2016 | 160pp
CILIP members price: £39.96
This book offers a starting point to understanding and teaching the six threshold concepts listed in the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education, an altogether new way of looking at information literacy.
Bestselling author and expert instructional librarian Burkhardt decodes the Framework, putting its conceptual approach into straightforward language and offering more than 50 classroom-ready Framework-based exercises.
Teaching Information Literacy Reframed:
Readership: This book will assist librarians in creating and running effective information literacy instruction for students of all levels.
List of Exercises
1. Decoding the Framework for Information Literacy
2. Scholarship as Conversation
3. Research as Inquiry
5. Information Creation as a Process
6. Searching as Strategic Exploration
7. Information has Value
8. Creating Exercises, Rubrics, Learning Outcomes, and Learning Assessments
Appendix: The ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education