- 28th Feb 2015
CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals Yearbook 2014-15
CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals represents the largest professional body of librarians and information professionals in the UK. Its purpose and ambition is to promote and support the people who work to deliver a vision of a fair and economically prosperous society underpinned by literacy, access to information and the transfer of knowledge.
It is the leading voice for information, library and knowledge practitioners, working to advocate strongly, provide unity through shared values and develop skills and excellence.
Designed to complement the CILIP website, the Yearbook puts vital data on the key organisation for information professionals at your fingertips. This unique sourcebook has five main sections:
Part 1: The Organisation
- Practical information about the organisation including contact details for headquarters and devolved nations, staff organisation chart and directory of who does what, enabling you to direct enquiries to the right person.
Part 2: Governance
- Annually updated listing of Honorary Officers, Council/Board, Committees and Panels
- Core documents: the CILIP Royal Charter, Bye-laws and Regulations.
Part 3: General Information
- Regional Member Networks and Special Interest Groups including aims and contact details.
- Medals and Awards: criteria and listings of past winners
- Advocacy and campaigning
- Making use of facilities at London headquarters, room hire etc.
Part 4: Members
- The listing of CILIP's Personal and Organisation Members in the UK and overseas.
Part 5: Historical Information
- Essays on the heritage of CILIP's parent bodies the Institute of Information Scientists and The Library Association
- Listing of Presidents, Secretaries and holders of honorary awards of the IIS and the LA
- Listing of IIS and LA Medal and Award-winners.
An invaluable source of contacts for all librarians and information professionals, this is the essential guide to the organisation that aims to position the profession at the heart of the information society.
Simon Edwards is Director of Business Development at CILIP.
Kathryn Beecroft was Production and Editorial Manager at Facet Publishing.