- 7th Feb 2023
- 246mm x 189mm
Maxwell's Handbook for RDA: Explaining and illustrating RDA: Resource Description and Access using MARC21
Designed to interpret and explain RDA: Resource Description and Access, this handbook illustrates and applies the new cataloguing rules in the MARC21 environment for every type of information format.
In this newly updated 2nd edition, cataloguing expert Robert Maxwell brings his trademark practical commentary to bear on the new, unified cataloguing standard. From books to electronic materials to music and beyond, Maxwell:
- Explains the conceptual grounding of RDA, including FRBR and FRAD
- Addresses the nuances of how cataloguing will, and won't, change in the MARC21 environment
- Shows cataloguers how to create and work with authority records of persons, families, corporate bodies, geographic entities, works, and expressions
- Explores recording relationships, working with records of manifestations and items, and more
- Provides numerous sample records to illustrate RDA principles.
Comprehensive in its coverage, the book will aid readers in understanding and becoming comfortable with the potentially forbidding new structure of RDA and contains appendices that discuss the treatment of specialised materials.